Monday, July 16, 2007

THANKS to FAITH!

Last night, I agonized over this card for more time than I care to admit! No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to look right! (I'm still not completely WOW'd with it!) I went from Plan A, all the way to Plan Z until finally giving up and going to bed. Then, this morning, I was reading Faith Hofrichter's Blog, Stampin' with Markie's Mom where she had a FABULOUS card posted using this stamp set, Perfect Princess. Faith's card is HERE. She made it look so-o-o easy. Faith's inspiration didn't stop there! This layout is based on this card of Faith's on SCS. I also picked up a couple of ideas for this card from Faith's OTHER Perfect Princess card on SCS for SC120 HERE. See how talented she is! .... I can barely do one card, and she has done TWO beautiful ones!!! Faith and I also corresponded via e-mail this morning ... her encouraging words kept me from scratching this project completely! Thanks to Faith for getting me through this card! It doesn't hold a candle to Faith's creations, but it's done!RECIPE
Stamps: Perfect Princess, Perfectly Pretty Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac CS, Flowers For You DP
Ink: Basic Black Classic, White Craft
Embellishments: One Pink Fire Large Square Rhinestone Brad, Two each Lilac and Turquoise Ice Small Circle Rhinestone Brads, One Fire Small Circle Rhinestone Brad, Rose 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch
Other Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals
Notes: * The Perfectly Pretty Jumbo Wheel is stamped in White Craft ink on the Pretty In Pink background piece behind the crown.
* I took an old pair of scissor that I didn't care about to snip off the prong overhang of the brads.

8 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Nancy, this is awesome! I love it! Great job! I knew you would come up with a "WOW" card, and you DID!

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so getting this set!! Excellent job!

Ticia said...

Isn't it awesome to be able to reach of for inspiration and find gold! I think your card is absolutely awesome!

Lorri said...

Great card, Nancy. I love the embellies on this one. Once again, a stamp set that didn't really stand out to me, then I see an aweosme card and now HAVE to have the set!

Thanks for my daily Nancy fix here! LOL

Morning Glory68 said...

What an adorable card! Love the rhinestones and the colors are just so girly-girl!

Corie said...

WOW -- not sure what you do not like about this -- I think it is FANTASTIC. Love the layout, colors, and especially the embellishments. GREAT JOB!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful card! I think it turned out awesome! Great job!

Tandra said...

Oh I think its totally CUTE!!! I like th e3 panels behind the crown!
And of course BLING!!!

PS -your header is way too cool!!