Friday, August 3, 2007

TAG CARD SCS DTGDYVETTE CHALLENGE for PAULA

Last week, SCS celebrated their 3rd Anniversary by offering MANY challenges. Wish I had unlimited time to attempt them all! This Tag Card was for Yvette's Tag Card Challenge on July 31. The Tag Card measures 9" x 5 1/2", and is scored at 3" and 6". The only rule was to use only one stamp set, and any sentiments used needed to be from that stamp set or handwritten. I hope I'm not bending the rules too much with this one because I used NO stamp set! All decor is from the Little Reminders No. 2 Accents & Elements. I am just in love with all the Accents & Elements ... they make for a very easy project!

I'll defenitely be making more of these tag cards! They're super easy, and I love the looks of them!

I made this card for a very special friend, Paula (scroll down for story below), and wanted room to write my words of thanks to her. The lined paper from Notations No. 2 DP was perfect for that! The Tag Corner Punch is how I achieved the tag look.

RECIPE:
Stamps:
None (gasp!)
Paper: Notations No. 2 DP, Wild Wasabi, More Mustard, River Rock and Mellow Moss CS
Ink: None (gasp again!)
Embellishments: Little Reminders No. 2 Accents & Elements, More Mustard Brads, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Crop-A-Dile, Tag Corner Punch, Spiral Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Various Circle Punches

I just HAD to share the story behind my thank you card to Paula. I met Paula through our daughters about three years ago, and we immediately hit it off (our daughters are best friends too!). One of the first things I asked her is, "what do you do?" as in "for a living?". She said she's an "ebay-er"! I, being totally computer illiterate at the time, had no clue what that was! As I've mentioned before in my blog, I sell on ebay, and get the majority of my inventory at garage sales. Where did I learn how to do this? ... Paula! I can't believe the incredible amount of time she has spent showing me how to garage sale (YES, it there is a method to the madness!), and how to sell on ebay!

For my birthday last week, not only did Paula give me some awesome shower scrub & gel, but gave me this Boyds Bears & Friends figurine in the photos below. I think this Yard Sale lady is absolutely hilarious! I display it proudly in my craft room to remind me of what a blessing Paula has been in my life.

What makes this figurine even more special ..... she purchased it at a Garage Sale !!!!! LOL!!!! I just chuckle every time I look at it!

Of course, no garage sale bargain is complete without a defect! Look at the Yard Sale Lady's crab on her hat --- it's missing an arm! Simply adding to the charm of Paula's gift!

The words on her purse say "I BRAKE FOR YARD SALES".These signs say "SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE" and "I JUST CAN'T SAY NO". If you only knew how many times Paula and I have called each other on a Friday or Saturday morning to share our garage sale finds and stories, you would laugh at this as hard as we have!


6 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your tag card turned out really awesome! I love your use of those new jumbo eyelets, and the spiral punch. Love the colors as well!

Sandra said...

Hi Nancy

I hope you don't mind but I tagged you as a Rockin Girl blogger.

HugS
Sandra

Alhambra Club said...

Your tag card is great and love your little Boyd's Bear figurine.

Angie Tieman said...

Super tag card! And I like your yard sale lady too...my Mom has the "yard sale gift"...can always find hidden treasures, wish I had it! Your blog is great! You absolutely can link to my blog, thanks so much, I will link to yours too! =)

Jill Hilliard said...

Love your tag card - Its fabulous! I may have to case!!!

Unknown said...

I really love this tag card...thanks for sharing!! Your design and layout is awesome.