Tuesday, September 18, 2007

LEAH & PAULA'S FRIENDSHIP

The other night, my friend (and new member of my creative team), Leah Sinatra dropped by bearing gifts! Look what Leah made for me! They are altered letter chipboard pieces to hang up in my craft room! They measure approximately 8" tall, and I'm still deciding on the perfect place to hang them...should I hang them horizontally or vertically?...etc. Leah had made another chipboard name and brought it to our last stamp class. Everyone LOVED them ... little did I know that she would turn around and make a set for me! OMG! I am so spoiled! I just love the DPs and embellishments she used! THANK YOU, LEAH!!!!Here are some close-up shots showing some of the detail Leah added to the letters.




















Do you all remember my friend, Paula Bartlett? She's the one that gave me the garage sale figurine in THIS post, and also the one that found the lunchobox tins for me in THIS post. Paula and Leah are sisters-in-law. Leah also brought a gift for me from Paula ... Paula's FAMOUS FRIENDSHIP BREAD! Paula, like clockwork, bakes this most incredible tasting bread every ten days! A huge labor of love! Paula has given me loaves in the past, and I am always hoping I'm on the list for the next batch! I'll never forget the first loaf she ever gave me ... Allie and I were at Paula's house, and we left to go somewhere ... we were so hungry that we were breaking off chunks of it while driving to our next destination. By the time we arrived to our destination, the loaf was about 80% gone! It is the BEST stuff! Anyway, look at this HUGE loaf she gave me this time! The photo does not do it justice ... it was perfectly baked and gorgeous! As usual, it didn't last long ... my family and I ate it within 3 days! THANK YOU, PAULA !!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did she get those terrific, and huge chipboard letters? I love them!

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky friend! I'm sure that they are just as blessed to have you as their friend! Enjoy your goodies!

corinnesomerville said...

okay...all I can say it YOU ARE ONE SPOILED GIRL !!! But...having that said you are also one sweet girl so it's no surprise that people do such kind things for you !!! You deserve it :) I absolutely LOVE your chipboard name..wow....gorgeous, gorgeous. Enjoy it and you'll have to post a picture when you decide how to hang and display it...have a great day, my friend

Rose Ann said...

Yep...you're spoiled. *wink* Leah did a beautiful job with your name in chipboard! The friendship bread looks so yummy...and I'm hungry right now. Mmmmm!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! Love how your name came out! That is a fantastic gift!

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky girl! These are wonderful! And what great looking bread!

Anonymous said...

Those letters are beautiful! I love how she used different pieces of DP on a letter. I'm sure the bread tasted yummy!

Angie Tieman said...

Great letters! What a nice gift! I know they'll look fabulous in your stamp room!