Tuesday, October 23, 2007

SCS COLOR CHALLENGE 137 and BEATE'S WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE 24

I did the dumbest thing this morning! ... I sat down to do today's SCS Color Challenge (CC137) ... struggled and struggled ... about an hour later, I realized that one of the colors I was working with was wrong! I was trying to use Basic Black instead of Basic Gray! Since that first card wasn't workin' out for me anyway, it got scratched! Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card so I used the CORRECT color challenge, along with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC24).

So, today's SCS Color Challenge uses the colors of Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray (NOT Basic Black!)....and here is Beate's Sketch:

I tell ya' ... this card was impossible to photograph! Maybe it's the photographer?! Luckily, my DH came to the rescue and took this photograph for me. (It's still better IRL ... I don't know about your computer screen, but on mine it looks so GREEN!).RECIPE
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (pg. 126), Holidays & Wishes (pg. 143)
Paper: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White CS, and Soft Sky Prints DP
Ink: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky
Embellishments: Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon, non-SU self-adhesive rhinestones
Tools: Tag Corner Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

27 comments:

Corie said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy! You pulled this off sooooooooo well! Oh my! It's beautiful!!! LOVE it girl! Glad you figure out the right colours ;)

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, this is Gorgeous! Love it! Now I need to find some time to stamp both challenges!LOL!

Jill Hilliard said...

Nancy-- Each card you make is getting more beautiful by the minute!!!! AMAZING !! I love it.

JILL

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE your card, Nancy. It's absolutely beautiful!

Lori said...

This is so elegant and beautiful!

Dottie K. said...

Stunning as always! Love those colors. I so enjoy seeing your work. :)

Melissa said...

I love that ribbon!

Alhambra Club said...

This is beautiful, love that wide ribbon.

Emily said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!! The layout works so perfect with that set!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card!! You did a great job with this!!

Stamp With Linz said...

SO pretty! I'm going to HAVE to get that ribbon! Thanks for the reminder- again! :) Just love it!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Beautiful....I love the color combo too!!

Andrea, said...

Fantastic card, love the colours you have used and those stamps are fab

Anonymous said...

Oh, this card is fabulous -- I saw it yesterday in the Challenge -- and your photo is GREAT compared to mine -- I do think taking a photography class should be a prerequisite to uploading at SCS -- LOL!!! Wonderful work!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Gorgeous !!! That ribbon is gorgeous !! hmmmmmm...gonna have to look at getting that :)

michelle sturgeon said...

What a gorgeous card! I love this set!

Julie Cluff said...

Beautiful! How strange that it looks so green. But it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great job with both challenges! Your card looks amazing...as usual! ;) Did you cut out those soft sky flowers? Too cute!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Nancy...I tagged ya!

Unknown said...

Nancy, I just LOVE this card. Its so pretty, I want to sit and look at it a while!

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is beautiful! Such a pretty color combo - and a beautiful layout! Great job!

Maria said...

Wow love the colors of your card! Such a fabulous color combo. Your card is beautiful. Great job!

Maria

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous card Nancy!

Anonymous said...

Nancy these colors are fabulous together! You have inspired me to u put colors together that I wouldn't normally think of! TFS! AWESOME!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is sooo gorgeous, Nancy! I really love the colors and everything you've done here! Wow!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is incredible!!