Tuesday, February 12, 2008

* SUGAR AND SPICE * AND EVERYTHING NICE *

I LOVE Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scrappin' Kits! Not only are they great for scrapbooking, they're wonderful for cardmaking too! This card was made using Textured Cardstock, Designer Paper, and Self-Adhesive Die Cuts from the new Crew Kids Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit! I love the fresh color combination of Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray, and Whisper White! The main image was created by layering Self-Adhesive Die Cuts from the kit. The only stamping on this card was the "congrats" sentiment from Fundamental Phrases. This layout was inspired by THIS RAK (the Merry & Bright card at the bottom of the post) I received from my friend, Karen Laub, nikesmom on SCS.
RECIPE
Stamps: Fundamental Phrases
Paper: Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, and Whisper White TEXTURED CS and DP from CREW KIDS GIRL Simply Scrappin' Kit
Ink: Basic Gray
Embellishments: Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretty In Pink Buttons
Tools: Word Window Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

20 comments:

Danielle L. said...

Wow! This is sooooo nice! I love it!

P.S. Thanks for the award! It made my day! :)

Sam said...

I'm drooling! The colours are beautiful...such a pretty card.

Sam.

StampMom said...

Pretty pretty pretty -- reminds me of the pink & green craze of the early 80s. Love the buttons in the corner!

Pam Varnell said...

Nancy,
I'm always amazed at the beautiful things you do with the SS Kits. This card is amazing!! I love those colors together. Now, I'll have to have that kit. Beautiful!!
Pam

tyrymom29 said...

Love this Card WOW !!!

Anonymous said...

Great card! LOVE the colours in this! Isn't the textured CS the BEST!?!?

Dottie K. said...

Oooohhh so beautiful! Love this card and those colors. I really like Wild Wasabi with alot of things. :)

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, love that paper and those colors.

Melissa said...

Oh dear - I'm in trouble! How fabulous is that paper?! Excellent job!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

This card is just too cute Nancy! Love that DP too! ;)

Kathy W said...

I love these simply scrappin kits. This one escaped me; what a pretty card! I'll have to add this to my wish list. Thanks for sharing.

Mauna said...

This is such a happy card. Great job!

Alex said...

This is sooo very adorable! I love this set, the papers are so cute! Your card turned out really cute Nancy! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janine said...

This is quite beautiful !!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. The colors are great and there's alot to look at but it doesn't look cluttered! Very fun!

Jackie Pedro said...

Fantastic!! I have never ordered a Simply Scrappin' Kit, but I'm going to now!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I had my eyes on that kit too...I love the card you made with it - super adorable!!!

Kim said...

I just got this SS KIT!! Can't wait to play with it!

Libby Hickson said...

Ok you are seriously making me HAVE TO buy this kit! This is soooo adorable, I just love it!

Libby Hickson said...

Nancy I couldn't believe I commented on this beauty yesterday, and then when DH brought in the mail found it there!! It is even more cute IRL! My mom says it's her favorite of all the stunning cards I've received. :-) Thank you so much, I just love it!! :-)