Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MARCH weSTAMP DEMO MEETING and SWAP

Last night was our March weSTAMP Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Group meeting, a monthly get-together that we all very much look forward to! Our weSTAMP group is growing and growing with downline from Lorri Heiling and myself (plus one lovingly adopted demo, Pam Wood!).

Our weSTAMP monthly meetings include a make 'n take project, recognition, education, a three-minute demo, date reminders, planning ahead, a door prize, and themed swap. Last night, Linda Bickley provided the 3 minute demo showing us how to make beaded pens with Stampin' Up! Designer Paper and Micro Beads. I failed to get a photo of this month's door prize provided by Pam Wood. Jessica Blair won the handmade bracelet and beautiful gift bag decorated with Stampin' Up! Rub-Ons.

Here's a photo of those in attendance. "Hello" (waving frantically!) to our out-of-town weSTAMP group members (Kori, Tracy, Mauna, and Joyce), and of course the in town demos that couldn't make it.Ginny Schembri brought homemade snacks in these wonderfully stamped Martha Stewart boxes. Such a beautiful presentation!
This is the Make 'n Take project I provided ... cased from my cyberspace friend Carol Frerichs, Stamp Like Crazy. This card features the new Tart & Tangy stamp set and Summer Picnic DP from the new Occasions Mini Catalog. We used the chalkboard technique on the apple images. See a complete tutorial by Beate Johns for the chalkboard technique HERE on SCS. RECIPE FOR APPLE CARD
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Phrases for a Friend
Paper: Summer Picnic DP, Basic Black and Whisper White CS
Ink: White Craft, Real Red Classic, Chalks: Red/Olive/Brown
Embellishments: Black Gingham Ribbon, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive Poly-Twill Ribbon
Supplies: Sponge Dauber and Applicators for Chalks, Swiffer Cloth

SWAP CARDS ... Our swap theme this month was Mother's Day ... full card or 3-D item.


by Adriana Gray ... by Leah Sinatra ... by Lorri Heiling ...
by Anne Fundner ... by Pam Wood ... by Ginny Schembri ... by Linda Bickley ... by Jessica Blair ... by Diana Clarkson ... by me ...RECIPE for Punch Purse Card
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Cutie Pie DP, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery Prints DP and CS, Basic Black CS
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On
Embellishments: Gold Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon
Tools: Round Tab Punch, Word Window Punch, Small & Large Oval Punch, 1 ½” Square Punch

24 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh dear! Your purse card is like love at first site and since I just received two pink purses that I was going to show on my blog with a purse thank you card, you have given me such inspiration!

Thank you!
M.

Jeni said...

This is such a fun card. The purses are so stinkin cute. I came across this card on SCS and came over to your blog to check it out. I am now a subscriber. TFS

Deborah said...

Looks like a great time you all had! How wonderful to be involved in such a creative community! The cards and gift boxes are fab! Deb

Anonymous said...

Nancy - all the cards are wonderful!!! Sounds like you all had a good time!!!
BTW, I just saw (SS) you've been promoted to Senior Supervisor...I bet you are a great mentor?!?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out! These are all FABULOUS! Girl you all must have a blast at your monthly meetings!
Your make and take is wonderful...I LOVE that card! How perfect for a teachers gift set eh?
Your purse card is adorable too! LOVE it!

Carol said...

Sounds like such a great group! I love your purse card - so cute!

Alhambra Club said...

Looks lilke it was a fun time, what a great group of ladies.

Jackie Pedro said...

What a good lookin' group of demos!! Sounds like your group has a lot of fun!

Love all the cards and projects. Your purse card is so so cute!!

Dottie K. said...

Wow sounds like you ladies had a great time and a great bunch of samples. Thanks for sharing! :)

Linda McClain said...

I'm so jeolous. It sounds like so much fun. If you ever decide to take your meetings on the road, I hear Austin is a fun place (he he).
The cards are stunning - love your purse card.

Mauna said...

Looks like you gals had a great time. Not to feel left out I tried the blackboard technique. Love it! Your purse card and all the others are so cute. I am up for the next swap!!

Alex said...

Oh, how I envy you Nancy - I have nobody here in California, I am all by myself! I would love to stamp with a group like you have - too fun! Your projects are all wonderful, love those MS boxes, very well put together! And, your purse card is just too cute!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG! Nancy! I absolutely LOVE LOVE *LOVE* your purse card! How stinkin cute!!! You are just so very clever!

Jenn in GA said...

wow wow wow...what a talented group weSTAMP is! thanks so much for sharing their cards. the one with the bloom set is almost coming at me through the computer! amazing pop-ups!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful cards! And I LOVE your purse card...TOO CUTE! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful creations! :D

Anonymous said...

Wowser! What incredibly talented stampers you have in your group! If I had ever received a swap card like one of these, I might still be swapping! Awesome group...looks like you had a ton of fun!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

these are so,so awesome, nancy !!!
wow !!! your group is getting big !!!what a great group of talented stampers you have.
tfs,
chat

Anonymous said...

How fun. Great cards!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my! What wonderful swap cards! They are all lovely! I especially like your purse card...how cute is that! I really love your card done with the chalkboard technique! Being a substitute teacher, I really think that I need to give that a try! Thanks so much for sharing with us! :D

corinnesomerville said...

Each and every one of these cards is incredible !!!! Tons of inspiration !!!

Lynn Put said...

Nancy,
Wow what a big group, that has to be a lot of fun when you all get together!
These cards are all fabulous and I absolutely love your punched purse card, its too stinkin cute!
TFS

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful and it sounds like a great time! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stamp With Linz said...

So stinkin' clever (your card)! Looks like you've got a great group!