Sunday, March 30, 2008

SCS FEATURED STAMPER CHALLENGE FS60 SCRAPNEXTRAS

Today's SCS Featured Stamper (FS60) features the gallery of one of my FAVORITE stamping artists, Laura Fredrickson, scrapnextras on SCS! Laura's creations are always unique and jaw-dropping. You can view her SCS Gallery HERE and her blog, Scrapnextras HERE.

THIS is Laura's card I chose to case. I've always liked the unique simplicity of her card, and thought it might look really cool using this week's SCS Color Challenge (CC159) ... Soft Sky, Basic Gray/Basic Black, and Whisper White. I made this card really late last night, and woke up this morning to photograph it, only to realize that I neglected to use one of the colors in the color challenge! ... and of all the colors to forget .... Whisper White! I guess it just wasn't meant to be in the Color Challenge. I must have been really tired when I made this card because now I'm realizing that the only thing I changed from Laura's original ... the colors. Everything else is the same. Boy, I really messed up on this one, huh?!RECIPE
Stamps: A Beautiful Thing
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Soft Sky DP
Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink Pad and Versamark
Embellishments: Basic Black Button, Black Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool/Mat/Template
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

16 comments:

Mauna said...

Sounds like alot of us were stamping late last night. I like this card. You did a great job.

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous CASE Nancy! I cased the same card but made my totally different. I can't seem to work with gray very well....you rocked it though!! So elegant looking!!

Anonymous said...

Love this Nancy! Your colour choices add a real sense of elegance to it!

Deborah said...

Lovely card Nancy! Oh well even though the left out the white, it is a framed beauty! Deb

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Very elegant.

Sam said...

I absolutely love your blog. May I add it to my list of site I vist? My blog is http://stampmine.blogspot.com/ Please let me know if that is ok with you.
Thanks Sandy

Alex said...

Gorgeous Nancy!! 'Nuff said. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Nancy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy ... I just want to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Photo Frame. Being a new blogger not many people visit, but I'm sure glad you did. Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean alot! By the way I absolutely love your work. I have actually seen your blog and have now added you to my blog list as well, hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

I already loved this card when I saw it on Sunday - it's gorgeous and very elegant!!! Right up my alley...

Rose Ann said...

You didn't mess it up! It's beautiful, Nancy!

Corie said...

Oh my this is gorgeous -- so elegant!!

Jana O'Brien said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card.

Cathy said...

Nancy this is gorgeous..l love this card you did a great job..l'm going to try and make it.l just love it.

Linda McClain said...

I Love Laura's work. Your card is beautiful. With that dark frame it looks pretty enough to hang on the wall.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful card! I can't wait to get back into participating in the challenges!!! Hugs and smiles