Sunday, October 26, 2008

SCS FEATURED STAMPER CHALLENGE FS90 SPEEDYSTAMPER

Today's Featured Stamper #90 on SCS is my good cyberspace friend, Kay Kaltoff, speedystamper! You can see Kay's fabulous artwork in her SCS gallery, and on her blog, Stamping to Share. CONGRATS, Kay!

HERE is Kay's card I chose to CASE for the challenge. I kept the same "large flower theme" and the same general layout. I used the stamp set, Doodle This to create the Poinsettia flower by stamping in Chocolate Chip onto the Old Olive DP (1X) and Ruby Red DP(2X) -- ALL DP is from Holiday Treasures. I then cut each flower out, staggered, and layered. A Build-A-Brad adorns the center of the Poinsettia flower with another Holiday Treasures Ruby Red DP pattern as the inside (1/2" Circle Punch). I rolled the petals of the flower around a pencil to make them curl for depth and interest. The ribbon is Riding Hood Red Tafetta, and the sentiment is from the Level One Hostess Set, Best Yet. It is punched out with the Large Oval Punch and backed with another staggered Ruby Red CS Large Oval Punch and raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals. I used Ruby Red ink to sponge around the border of the oval sentiment.

I don't know why I've been making so many Christmas cards lately, because I am so much more of a Fall/Autumn person. Seems like I've skipped that season altogether! I'm off to create my swap cards for Tuesday's weSTAMP swap. Will share a homecoming photo or two when I get a chance.
RECIPE
Stamps: Doodle This, Best Yet
Paper: Holiday Treasures DP, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red
Embellishments: Riding Hood Red Tafetta Ribbon, Ruby Red Brads, Build-A-Brad
Tools: Paper Piercer + Mat Pack, 1/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches, Large Oval Punch, Pencil or like kind tool to roll poinsettia petals
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Nancy! I love this flower made to look like a poinsettia!

Lori Barnett said...

Nancy...this card is AWESOME!! You are the BEST stamper!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Nancy! Love that flower...whenever I see it, it reminds me of you! Great job!

Jackie Pedro said...

Holy cow, Nancy! This is beautiful! I LOVE the layered flowers....

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous flower! I love the red paper in the Build-A-Brad!

Melissa said...

Um......oh my word this is stunning!

Many Blessings,
M.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful! I love Kay's work and hadn't even ched the FS today. I will have to play now! Beautiful Christmas card...I love that set and haven't played with it in ages!

Christina Fischer said...

Nancy, this is gorgeous! It makes me think of a homespun Christmas! That flower is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card as always Nancy!! Miss your daily posts!
Ilene B.

Sara said...

beautiful! I love that you've used the doodle set for a poinsettia!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Nancy! Love that flower and the build a brad!!! Stunning!

Emily said...

Nancy, this is GORGEOUS!! Love everything about it!! TFS! =)

Tara said...

gorgeous card!! the flower is beautiful, I love that it's stamped on dsp and the curling with a pencil thing is a great idea! :)

Alex said...

Just a stunning card Nancy - I mean, my jaw hit the floor, girl!!! GORGEOUS, that flower looks beautiful adn all the details just make it amazing! You are so very talented! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Nancy, LOVE the gorgeous design, layered flower and beautiful dp.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

dasimonds said...

I Love Kay's card...
and your CASE is
Absolutely Gorgeous too!!
*A perfect Christmas Card..
I Love the DP and Beautiful
Flower and ribbons. The
piercing looks Great!!

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas card! Love your poinsettia!

Cindy

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OMG, Nancy!!!!!how absolutely pretty !!!!!i love those ribbons and this doodle set -tfs:)

chat

LORi said...

Very Pretty!!

StampMom said...

Love *all* the elements you've worked into this card, Nancy -- glad you continue to share your gift despite the demands of returning to work outside the home. Thanks!

Regina Runge said...

Simply gorgeous! You are so creative, Nancy!!! Regina :)

Stamp and Smile said...

So adorable Nancy!! Love the colors and details put into this card... Smiles! Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Christmas card Nancy. I love the mix of dp and the dp poinsettia. Gorgeous!

Whimsical Wendy said...

This card is divine...love the flower stamp and the double ribbon! Wendy x

LeAnne said...

OOoh, I just ordered this paper....can't wait to try this!
LeAnne

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! Love that flower!!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful! Love the way you created that gorgeous poinsettia and all the other details!

Corie said...

This is so gorgeous!!