Saturday, February 18, 2012

UP UP AND AWAY WITH THE PALS

This card uses the stamp set Up, Up and Away.  It reminds me of all the hot air balloons we often see where we live.  I always chuckle about our dog Millie (now deceased) and her fear of hot air balloons.  She would beg and beg for walks but if there was a hot air balloon in sight, she would drag me back home with her tail between her legs.  She was petrified of them!  They are noisy when they are low, and she was always sensitive to sound.

I used the Pals Paper Arts Sketch #129 and a few new items from the 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog including Twitterpated Designer Series Paper, Riding Hood Red 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon, and Adorning Accents Edgelits Die and Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

RECIPE (all supplies are Stampin' Up!)
Stamps:  Up, Up and Away
Paper:  Twitterpated Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock
Ink:  Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Basic Gray
Embellishments:  Riding Hood Red 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon
Tools:  Adorning Accents Edgelits Die and Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Pack, retired handheld 1/8" circle punch
Supplies:  Stampin' Dimensionals

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh my, it has taken me a few minutes to look at all the beautiful treatments on this card. I love them all. The embossing, the Adorning Accents EF as hills, the ribbon, the paper piecing combine to make one gorgeous card.

Linda Callahan said...

Your scene is beautiful! Love how you created those green hills! Beautiful details!

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Nancy!! I love how you used the Adorning Accents for the ground!! PERFECT!!!

AB. said...

I love everything about this card!! It's so fun! :)

Mary Fish said...

thanks for playing the ppa challenge with the pals! adorable card. i love how you used the edgelits for the grassy hills! hugs, m

Mary Ann Gerrish said...

I love this card. It's so bright and cheerful.

Wendie Waldman said...

I love this card! I recognize the hills from the winning card at the PHX Regional. After I saw your pics from reg I realized there were so many people there I wish I had met - you being one of them. I've followed your blog and love your work. I'm going to Di's Spring Fling, and will have a Melon Mambo t-shirt on that says "STAMP, SCRAP, SHARE". Say hey if you're there and remember!

Lorri said...

woWzA! Beautiful card, Nancy! Favorite part is how you did the ground! Very creative! Love seeing your work again! :)

Lynn said...

Love the way you used the edgelit & embossing folder for the hills. Super cute card!

Jenny said...

Such a pretty pleated ribbon and the paper pieced balloons are perfect!

Connie Collins said...

Girl, you are burnin' some rubber these days! This is smokin'.